Saturday, May 14, 2011

I Love the Thunder

©2011 David Moody

Elusive as identity
One infinite eternity
And this is what it’s like to be with you
Chewing on the chain
In a state of denial
If I lined up all my vices in single file
They would reach from here to the sun
And still I wouldn’t be done

Evasive as serenity
You don’t know what you meant to me
Sometimes I think maybe you miss me, too
Tearing through the fabric
Of space and time
I touch your soul, and you touch mine
And in that moment we are as one
Some people like the sun

I love the thunder

3 comments:

  1. Great one, Dave!!

    i give it a 10 plus rave
    :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "some people like the sun, I like the thunder"
    What a fabulous line! It says so much in so few words.
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slacker. Where's more? When you gonna play our 4M's again??? My readers have been asking if you've come up with any new songs lately. I've been sending them to your band's website & told them to check out for themselves. HUGS>

    ReplyDelete