Sunday, March 9, 2014

No Substitutions




©2014 David Moody

My brand-new future arrived today
And I can’t wait to open it
‘Cause I know where I’ve been and
Things just can’t stay this way
But I’ve been prayin’ and hopin’
It will be so much better

My brand-new future arrived today
And Lord knows I’ve been waiting
‘Cause I’ve seen this life
And I’ve seen the way
Of the ones who live their whole lives hating...
It could be so much better

Life could be so much better today
If we finally took a stand
Your congressman will not read your letter today
And you hold the losing hand
Life could be so much better today
If we lived by the Constitution
It is the LAW here in this “Promised Land” - and by the way,
We accept NO SUBSTITUTIONS

Our brand-new future arrived today
How are we going to use it?
To restore our pride in the U.S.A.,
Or let someone else abuse it?
We could do so much better

This brand-new future just arrived today
I’m excited and I’m nervous
Because we need to do something right away
To stop this immense disservice
We can make it so much better

No comments:

Post a Comment