Monday, February 17, 2014

Take That Pen and Shove It


©2014 David Moody

Take that pen and shove it –
You ain’t working here no more
You can’t handle the truth, and we’ve got proof –
You forgot who you’re working for

All of those lies you handed our way
We don’t care to hear the ones in store
So take that pen and shove it –
You ain’t working here no more

Well, I was working in America for now on fifteen years
All this time I saw my country cryin’ and we’re done dryin’ all our tears
And I’ve seen a lot of soldiers die and others’ rights all taken away
Here’s notice – you should start to pack, because you sure as hell can’t stay…
(Chorus)

You’ve been livin’ high on the hog, thinking we’re some kind of fools
Got your pen in hand, but Lord knows - no authority to use that tool.
Too many days we’ve had the chance to stop this sucker –
Today’s the day
I can’t wait to see your face when they finally lock your ass away

Until then, you can
(Chorus)

1 comment: