Monday, June 28, 2010

Under the Tree

©2010 David Moody

I never prayed
Not like this before
I always stayed
A safe distance from your door
I never paid
If I could get in for free
I always strayed
From where you wanted me to be

But I’d never trade a single treasure
You left for me
Under the tree

I never knew
How I appear to you
There is no love
That compares to being near to you
I often wonder
I wonder if you’re here with me
I feel the thunder
The blue sky is all I see

And I’d never trade a single treasure
You left for me
Under the tree

1 comment:

  1. This one speaks to me. I actually found some "treasures" under the tree in our front yard the other day. They weren't left there specifically for me, but I love finding things. They become treasures, simply because they are a surprise and a gift. Rosemary

    ReplyDelete