Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I'm One of Those

©2008 David Moody

I ain’t no pretty boy
I like a noisy toy
I’m one of those
I ain’t no city boy
I like my country joy
But my job’s downtown –
And I guess that’s just the way it goes

I’ve gotta drive this truck
Down the highways and deep in the alleys
And everything in between
I’ve gotta push my luck
Up the mountains and through these valleys
Some I wish I’d never seen

I like a good old song
that makes me sing along
I’m one of those
We got a party here
I know it can’t be wrong
Go on up and get down
Let your sweet love be exposed

I want to grab this axe
I can’t explain the attraction I’m feeling
I want to be a part of the scene
I’ve got to hear that sax
Bouncing me off the ceiling
Until all my blues turn green

I’m one of those

2 comments:

  1. I think you just made my day. Thank you so much for the introduction and thoughts on my site. I do appreciate it, and your participation on a regular basis.

    I enjoyed reading your lyrics! SOunds like music is very much a part of your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of like this one maybe this one should be put to music. Found some other man that writes he's at http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/ if you'd like to go take a look. He stopped by my blog. Luv u Lots! Keep up the good work Music Man!

    ReplyDelete